Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Saturdays

It officially feels like somewhat of fall here because of what our Saturdays are starting to look like.  I really really hope we are done with the 100+ temps but I don't want to speak too soon.  This week it has been amazing in the 70's & 80's & we are loving life in those temps.  

Fall Saturdays many times = football for our family.  Now that Cody is done with grad school (YAY!) he is much more available on Saturdays to actually do something besides study & write papers.  Recently he discovered his new favorite game, spike ball, & it is a huge hit for high school & college people.  It's pretty much tearing up our yard & last week  right after I had finally cleaned my floors I came home to boys playing spike ball outside & a mud covered living room & kitchen....I know God is just getting me ready for boys.
Spike ball

Pretty typical of what happens in the kitchen on football days, a whole batch of cookie dough from Sam's in consumed & lots of pizza, this was after most people left.  
Lucy isn't really into football so she mostly just runs around outside trying to see if anyone will play with her.  Luckily this weekend she had 2 birthday parties to attend on Saturday & she loved them.  The first party was dinosaur themed, it was at nature center in town & was so fun.  

Loved digging for dinosaur bones.

Lucy with the birthday boy, Asher
The next party was an All Star party & Lucy proudly wore her Texas cheerleader outfit.  She learned to say "Go Horns" earlier that day. 
Lucy & Reese, they are good friends but always want the same toy, it causes a lot of problems.

Lucy & Reese with the Birthday boy


All the parties were getting Lucy excited about her party, coming up in just 2 short weeks...

No comments: