Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer So far...

We have had a good & busy summer so far. We have been in the process of moving for about a month now & have not had Internet in our house until a couple of days ago! We are finally moved in, well at least all our stuff is in one place now. Cody has pretty much been living with a paint brush in his hand for the past week & our house is looking great.

There are so many things that I want to blog about, but will just have to do a quick update for now since we are leaving to go to Crooked Creek in Colorado with kids in about 5 hours - ahhh!!

Here is what we have been up to in the past couple of months:

1.
My "little" cousin, Alan, got married to Shannon at the beginning of June in Abilene. It was a great wedding & they are a cute couple.

2.
Had a couple of baby showers - one in Abilene that my sisters & sister in-law, Jane, threw for me. It was all so cute & Baby girl got some GREAT things!

Another shower in Arlington that Holly, Kyley, & some other friends threw for me. It was really fun & once again, Baby girl got some really cute things.

3.
Moved! Well, Cody moved & I packed. Who knew we had so much stuff??

4.
While Cody moved & painted I went to Rockport for the weekend with my Dad's side of the family. They also gave me a small baby shower here, but I didn't have my camera, so I don't have any pictures now til my Dad sends me what he took.
5.
Had a BIG surprise all planned by my mom & dad. We planned on making a stop in Houston for an Astros game, but had not planned on seeing Luke, Jane, & Tyler there! My parents brought them in for the night, since they could not go to the beach with us :( It was SO FUN to have all of our family together. Definitely one of the best parts of the summer.

6.
Orange beach with my mom's side of the family. We had lots of people missing this year due to jobs, I guess that's what you get when everyone starts growing-up & working in the real world. We had a great time & it was very relaxing. I LOVE family vacations!

7.
Crooked Creek - leaving to go here with about 50 + high school kids in a couple of hours!

No comments: