
This week we had our annual "YL Round-UP" or fundraising banquet. Banquet time is always a stressful time in the world of Young Life & I am always glad when it's over, but despite all the craziness & lack of sleep, I really enjoy YL banquets. I love the opportunity to invite people to come & hear about all that is going on in YL. It's a really cool way for not only parents to understand about YL, but also teachers, pastors, & really anyone who is interested in kids knowing Christ.
This year Cody & I talked about the opportunity we have to be leaders together & I felt like it went well. We wanted folks to know that YL leaders don't have to be collage age folks - it ca
n be anyone. We talked about how YL is just a part of our life now & we wouldn't change that for anything.
n be anyone. We talked about how YL is just a part of our life now & we wouldn't change that for anything. After we shared a couple of our kids got up to share their testimonies & they did such a good job, I was so proud. Collin talked about how he found Jesus at camp & then as soon as he got on the bus to go home, he called his mom & said, "mom, I found God!" I love that.
We have banquets for many reasons, & of course one of the main reasons is to raise money so we can continue having YL & WL another year. We fell short of our goal this year, but we sort of expected that b/c of all the crazy things going on with the economy. We are grateful for all that we have & we are committed to being faithful with what God has given us.
Pictures of our cute boot center pieces & our fun canvas paintings that we use every year & glue kids faces on them.


1 comment:
So good to read about the banquet. You do an amazing job.
Love ya,
Vicki
Post a Comment