Club pretty much consisted of mostly games as we didn't really have much time to plan as we were planning on having the scavenger hunt. We did play one of my all time favorite YL games - apple on a string. In this game you hang an apple on a string & then have a couple try to eat the entire apple without using their hands, it is hilarious to watch!
At the end of club I talked about John 10. I was trying to talk about how Jesus is truly our good Shepherd, but our crowd was more chatty than ever. I think it was the weather or maybe all the games got them totally wound-up, but we could not get them to calm down for anything! Through all the talking I pray that our students got another clear picture of Jesus, the man who was willing to "lay down his life for the sheep" (John 10:15). I told them how he loves us so much, he is willing to die for us & then talked about what great love you have to have for someone to honestly say you would die for them. I pray that they saw how attractive Jesus is & that their hearts are getting ready to hear the story of the cross, that we will tell them in just a few weeks.
Thanks for your prayers for students. Please continue to pray as we get kids signed up for camp, it seems harder than ever this year as they are all staying so busy. I truly believe that for so many kids camp is life or death - they will have the chance to get away & focus on the one who offers us real life. Thanks!
A few pictures from last week:
Cody got to go visit his baby brother in Wyoming
I spent 3 days at Crooked Creek planning the first session of camp this summer, it will be here before we know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment