We finally got to have the much awaited "Body Snatch" scavenger hunt this week at YL. We had 45 minutes allotted to kids for the scavenger hunt they were to go & get as many people as they could to come to club. For each person they got, they got a certain number of points for their team. For example, if you brought a student already in their PJ's it's 50 points, a student who has never been to YL before 150 points, etc. We had drivers lined up to take the kids around town & we had one team come back with almost 2,000 points. It was so fun to see new faces at club, as well as kids who had not come in a long time. We had kids run in & get kids from the dinner table, a group of kids picked up 2 boys eating at McDonalds, & one group even went & got some girls from cheerleading practice - everyone had a blast.
When we got all the kids back at the club room, we did a 20 minute club & then took everyone home. During this club we played a fun game show, sang a song, watched a camp video, & listened to Cody tell the kids about Jesus. I love listening to Cody give club talks b/c he holds the kids' attention so well & he speaks great truth in such a loving way. This week he talked about Jesus being the greatest Dad anyone could ever ask for. He told the story about the prodigal son & then talked about how no matter what our relationship with our earthly father is like, we can have a relationship with our heavenly father & this relationship will be filled with love & with acceptance. As Cody ended his talk I was praying for the kids sitting around me in the crowded room. Out of the 13 kids I was sitting with in the back corner I know that only about 3 of them have healthy relationships with their Dads. Please pray that despite the family lives of the kids in our ministry that they will desire to enter into a relationship with a Dad who won't ever leave, yell at them, hurt them, or let them down.
Everyone should treat themselves to a little spring break treat & go out & buy the newest Passion CD - "God of This City" it might change your life. On the way to hang-out with kids today at school I was listening to it & almost started crying, but I was trying to hold myself together so I would not be the emotional loser at school. Here are some of the words that encouraged me, spurred me on to keep doing what I'm doing, & reminded me that greater things are still to come at the dark high school I was about to walk into.
You're the God of this city, You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation, You're the Light in this darkness,
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless, You are
There is no one like our God
For greater things have yet to come,
and greater things are still to be done in this city
Greater things have yet to come,
and greater things are still to be done in this city
No comments:
Post a Comment