Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to school

Today was back to school for all of us down in Texas & I think most people were ready. It seemed so weird having such a long summer. For the first time in a couple of years I feel rested from the summer & ready to begin another year of Young Life. Usually when school starts back again my spirit & body are still so worn out from the summer, but this year I truly do fee rested & I can't remember the last time I have been able to say those words. Although we have done so much this summer, having the extra couple of weeks in August was so nice!

Today Cody started school & I went up to the school to do some contact work for the first day of school. No matter how many times I have gone up to a high school I still feel nervous almost every time I go. I am always praying that I will see someone I know as soon as I get there so I don't become known as the weird Young Life girl. Despite my nervousness it was good to be back at school & see kids that I had not seen all summer & I even met some new ones. I pray that our Young Life team will continue going strong & being "Jesus with skin on" to lost kids in Arlington.

Cody had a great first day at school & I know he will be a great teacher. Below is a picture of him ready to go for the first day! He had to wear the school polo today, he wasn't just doing it because he was overly excited with school pride :)
Go get 'um Coach!
Some summer memories:
Best meal of the summer & longest table ever!

One of our favorite places to be in the summer - in the club room at Frontier Ranch on the side of Mt. Princeton. This summer hundreds of folks from around the world heard about the love of Christ sitting right here, I can't wait to go back next summer.

So many great things this summer, bring on another year!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Great picture of Cody...he's going to be such a great teacher/coach! He just has the look:)

I'm so excited to see what this year holds for the two of you in Arlington! What a blessing that you are in the same area!! Hopefully we'll get to see you soon:)

UT said...

Outstanding blog, Em! Be assured of my prayer for you and Coach Cody as you invest your lives in students this fall! You guys are awesome! See you in Steamboat!