Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lucy's Candyland

Lucy Jane turned 3 a few weeks ago & we threw her a little candyland birthday party!  I can't believe that she is 3 but there will be another post on that later, but she LOVED her party!  Because of crazy rain we had to move her party into the YL building & I was pretty bummed about it at first but it actually turned out better.  I love planning parties, it really is fun for me.  I know that our life is crazy a lot of times during the year & I probably miss a lot of things with my kids that I should be there for but I try.  I really want there to be memorable things from their childhood & I feel like birthday parties are some of those memorable things.  I want them to know that they are loved & I want them to feel like people celebrate them & who they are & to me that is what a birthday is all about celebrating that person & I want Lucy & Miles to feel like we celebrate them.  So all that to say here are some pictures of sweet Lucy's candyland.


 Lucy's little cake, she requested a pink & purple cake so this cake was purple on the inside!

 Some of the decor

 Food & drinks, we kept it pretty simple- just cake, cupcakes, cakeballs (thanks Grammy!) lemonade, & water

I created a game of candyland for the kids to play & had a few different places they could stop at.  These decorations were fun & super easy to make.  I had some of these boards left over from a project for church I was working on with some friends so I printed out the candyland characters on transparencies & put them on an overhead projector & painted them.  They turned out a lot better than I thought they would.
 Queen Frostine - tape the snowflake on her rod

 Peppermint forest - balance a peppermint on a spoon

 Lollipop garden - hot lollipop (aka hot potato)

We also had a chocolate fountain that was the chocolate swamp & that was pretty much the favorite of the party - everyone LOVED it!

 The birthday girl making her entrance

 The candyland path

 The sweetest little party guest!


Love this 3 year old!




 All the kids made King & Queen candy crowns when they came in




 Cody was in charge of making the big game happen - he did great!





Happy Birthday Lucy Jane - I love celebrating you!

No comments: