Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Frontier Ranch

In June our Young Life group took 2 bus loads of kids to Frontier Ranch in Buena Vista, Colorado.  It was an amazing week filled with lots of laughter, a few tears, & most importantly filled with Jesus.  This was the first time in a few years that Cody & I didn't go to camp together.  Cody decided to take a job as the assistant principal of summer school, it was a hard decision but because we didn't have a camp assignment this summer we really felt like he should stay home & do this.  Cody was so sad to miss, but there will be lots of other years at camp b/c we are in this ministry to stay!

Camp this year was busy for me, I had 18 girls in my cabin.  I had a group of senior girls that I have been walking with for 3 years now & a small group of junior girls. I loved all of them.  They all had different stories but each of them were able to see Jesus that week & I pray that they will remember that forever.  

 Some of my senior girls.  One of them came to say bye to me the other day on her way off to A&M & I almost cried... I'm sure I'll be a mess when Lucy leaves :(

 After doing the dizzy bat race at the rodeo...an oldie but such a goodie


 Tug-o-war at the rodeo

 Rappelling down the Rockie Mountains...there is nothing like it!

 My junior girls - love them!

 Our whole group hiked to the top of the continental divide - it was hard but I am so proud that everyone made it to the top!  The view was unbelievable.

 Favorite part of camp = conversations with girls


Some of my senior girls - it's not going to be the same without them this year!

 The giant swing
So FUN

Being a leader at camp is definitely different when you are 30...this is the first year that I felt like I wasn't 19 anymore.  I got really tired & it took me a long time to recover after camp, but it was so worth it.  Every year Cody & I talk about how much longer we will be doing this & honestly I hope it's forever.  Camp makes me fall in love with my job & makes all the hard & frustrating parts of it worth it.  The truth is that high school kids are lost & they need Jesus & this will pretty much never change so for as long as I can I want to be a part of them getting a glimpse of Jesus.  

No comments: