Our last club was the traditional "senior club". At this club the senior leaders get to chose their favorite games, songs, skits, and then we have a couple of them share. I always love senior club b/c it usually always turns out to be a powerful night & this year was no different. The seniors that shared at the end did a great job & it was cool seeing how much they had gotten out of Young Life. The seniors that shared were faithful Young Lifers, they hardly ever missed a Monday night & we have so many great memories with them. I pray that they will hold onto these things as they enter the crazy college life. I also hope that we can continue to keep in touch with them & that they know that they can always come to us no matter what is happening in their lives.
For our final event of the school year we had a little party & planned on playing sand volleyball, but it turned into mud volleyball. This is what we found when we got to the courts that night:
None of the kids seemed to mind the mud at all, in fact it probably made the night more memorable for them.
Although our clubs are over for the school year ministry is still continuing to happen & that is why I love being a part of Young Life. Young Life is not a program, it's life on life ministry. We have been busy going to games, eating meals with kids, weekly small group Bible studies, and keeping up with all the drama that goes on in the life of a typical high school student.
I am thankful for the year of clubs we have had this year. I never dreamed that we would see so many faces on Monday nights & that we would get the opportunity to tell all those kids about Jesus. I also never dreamed that some of the kids that showed up on Monday nights would actually come, kids that we pray would come hear the gospel but never thought would. And finally, I never in my wildest dreams thought that so many kids from our high school would sign-up, on the first night available, for summer camp. God has been faithful.
No comments:
Post a Comment