Thanks to everyone who prayed for our trip. One of the best parts of the trip was that all of our kids got so close to the leaders & to each other. By the end of the trip they were all taking about going to summer camp this summer. Hopefully that will happen as summer camp is an amazing opportunity for kids to meet Christ.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
SKI TRIP
After Christmas we took a group of YL kids to Colorado to stay at Crooked Creek & ski winter park. I have to admit that I was kind of dreading ski trip this year. I was not looking forward to being cold & I really, really didn't want to get stuck in Colorado again like we have the last two years. Needless to say at the end of the trip I felt guilty for dreading the trip - it was the best ski trip I have been on thus far. The weather was amazing, all the kids got along great, not one person ended up in the clinic, & all of our kids heard about Jesus every night we were together.
Only about 4-5 hours into our trip we had a huge blow-out on the highway - here is what was left of our tire.
Playing a game at club one night. They were supposed to be a human hamburger. The color of their shirts represents what part of the burger they were supposed to be (green shirt = lettuce, purple shirt = onion, etc.) I think there is a guy who is supposed to be the bottom bun, but you can't see him in this picture b/c he is completely smashed.
I tried snowboarding this year & I officially hate it. I am most definitely going to stick with skiing from now on.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for our trip. One of the best parts of the trip was that all of our kids got so close to the leaders & to each other. By the end of the trip they were all taking about going to summer camp this summer. Hopefully that will happen as summer camp is an amazing opportunity for kids to meet Christ.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for our trip. One of the best parts of the trip was that all of our kids got so close to the leaders & to each other. By the end of the trip they were all taking about going to summer camp this summer. Hopefully that will happen as summer camp is an amazing opportunity for kids to meet Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment