Monday, January 7, 2008

Ski Trip

I think most have pretty much recovered from another great year on ski trip. Ski trip is a hard trip & sometimes I, along with others wonder, "is it worth it?" Thinking back on our freezing days up in Colorado - it was definitely worth it! Ski trip is nothing compared to the experience of going to summer camp or other things that we do during the year, but it is another chance to build relationships & for kids to hear the gospel. Kids definitely heard the gospel this year & there were many great conversations that followed the messages that were given at club each night.

Yes, we did get stuck again this year!!! It really is not common to tag on extra days to the end of every ski trip - I promise! The day we were getting ready to leave a storm blew in & had really, really strong winds. Because of the strong winds the main mountain road we needed to go on to get down the mountain was closed. Luckily we were able to stay an extra night at Crooked Creek & wait around the next day until the road opened (about 4pm). The night before we left my cabin of girls & I attempted to stay up all night so we could sleep on the bus. We made it till about 4am & laid down for a couple of hours...staying up all night makes for some really fun memories.



The basketball courts at camp - there was so much snow this year!

My cabin of girls - they were so fun




Some of our kids ready for skiing & boarding

Cody & one of our kids at camp

One of the highlights of the trip was that I had some family that got to come along. It was so good to see them, I wish I would have had more time to hang-out with them.


Uncle Terry, Dad, & Mom at club

No comments: